Day of Surgery
Arrive at your scheduled time. If you are going to
be late or unable to make your appoint please call (850)718-2554 or
- Park in front of the main entrance into the hospital.
- Enter the main entrance into the hospital. Notify the registration desk
of your surgery appointment. Then have a seat in the front lobby and a
surgery staff member will come to get you.
- You will go to the
Outpatient Surgery area where you will be given an assigned room. You
will change into a hospital gown and be provided slippers. Do not wear
your contact lenses, but you may wear your glasses. If you wear
dentures, we may need to remove them before surgery.
- Your family member or guest may wait in the room with you. We ask for only two guests in the room at a time.
- You will be interviewed and may be examined by the surgical team.
Often, these questions may have been asked before. Please be patient
with our process as we are working together to ensure the safest and
most thorough surgical course for you. Be sure to ask any questions you
- Patients going to the operating room will receive intravenous (IV) fluids.