Community Health Assessment
In April and May of 2013 Jackson Hospital joined forces with a diverse group of health, governmental, faith-based, social service, business, educational, civic, and community-based organization leaders to form the Jackson County Community Health Partnership. This partnership, championed by the Florida Department of Health in Jackson County, completed a comprehensive county-wide Community Health Assessment
with a mission to promote, protect, and improve the health of all people in Jackson County. A Community Health Assessment is a collaborative process involving community partners to identify strengths, capacity, and opportunity to better address the many determinants of health. Through this process a number of strategic health objectives that provide opportunities for improvement in Jackson County were identified. These objectives include:
- Reduce communicable disease and infectious rate in Jackson County
- Increase availability of healthcare services access in Jackson County
- Incorporate certified vocational training in the Jackson County High School curriculum
Jackson Hospital continues to look for ways to help with this initiative through our vision “To be the best community healthcare system in the nation”. Listed below are some of the measures Jackson Hospital has taken to meet the needs of the community:
- Flu and Pneumonia vaccinations are provided to all patients as well as employees.
- All reportable diseases/infections are communicated to the Department of Health in Jackson County.
- Newly recruited Pediatrician.
- Expanded OB services by adding a Nurse Practitioner.
- Currently seeking an Ear Nose and Throat doctor.
- Currently seeking an Internal Medicine doctor.
- Services expanded to include Infusion and Interventional Radiology.
- Diabetes Education classes for patients and the public offered monthly.
- Parkinson’s disease support group/education classes offered monthly.
- Pursuing certification as Stroke-capable facility.
- Facilitate clinical rotations for Marianna High School’s Certified Nursing Assistant program.
- Assist Jackson County high school students with shadowing opportunities throughout the hospital.